These brownies are extremely easy to make and are always a hit. They are a cross between fudge and brownies. The hardest part is waiting for them to cool completely! These do not need any icing. This recipe doubles beautifully, in fact I never make just a single recipe.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. While the oven is preheating, put an 8x8 pan with the butter in the oven to melt the butter.
- In a bowl mix the brown sugar, cocoa and melted butter. Add the vanilla and egg. Mix well.
- On top of this put the white flour and baking powder, I swirl them together and then mix into the wet mixture. Add chips.
- Bake for 15 minutes, no longer! The edges will be dry looking and the centre will look like it isn't completely done.
- I add all sorts of different chips to this recipe, or chop up left over Easter treats, chocolate bars etc. Anything goes!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Great brownies ! I did double and used a 9 by 13 pan. Used choc. chunks not chips. Next time I may add a couple extra T of cocoa powder. But wonderful as written as well. Chewy- crackle/ sheen on top- beautiful brownie recipe ! Will make again !! I wanted a really fudgey one and this was perfect !Reply
When you said fudgey, you meant it! These were pretty good. The only thing I didn't like was that I could taste the vanilla in my mouth while eating it. Still, it was pretty good! Also, 15 minutes was noway near baking time for me. I don't know why, but I had to bake it for 20-25 minutes. Also note that I used a bigger pan, so maybe that changed it. I only had 1/2 a teaspoon of vanilla extract, so I also used 1/2 of imitation vanilla extract. And it didn't rise as much as I'd expected. I used this brownie recipe instead of the one shown at recipe 32899, and it went pretty well. Reviewers over there said the brownies were cake-like, so I wanted something more fudgey. Also, the batter really looked like chocolate frosting. MMmm mmm..Reply