Fruit Pebbles No-Bake Cheesecake
Cereal in the crust and in the filling make this pie super easy. Adapted from a recipe by PopSugar.
- Ready In:
- 4 cups Fruity Pebbles cereal, plus more for garnish
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Place cereal into a food processor and blend until fine. Measure 2 1/2 cups of the cereal into a large bowl and set the rest aside. Add melted butter and salt to the cereal and mix until incorporated. Pour crust into a pie pan and mold to the form, bringing the cereal up the sides of the pan. Cover and freeze for 15 minutes, or until firm.
- In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese, vanilla extract, powdered sugar, sour cream, heavy whipping cream, and the remaining cereal until combined and smooth. Pour the filling into the pie crust and smooth the top. Cover and return to the refrigerator for another hour until set.
- Remove from the refrigerator and cover the top with even more cereal for garnish. Serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This is a good basic no bake recipe. I modified (of course). 1/2 c granulated sugar instead of powdered sugar. It was plenty sweet. mixed the granulated sugar with the cream cheese until light and fluffy. then added vanilla. IN a separate bowl, beat cram until medium peaks. folded into the cream cheese. Put into the crust, and then covered with sour cream. Set for about 4 hours, only because that was when it was time for dessert. The cake set perfectly, was light and dense at the same time. And only lightly sweet to offset the sweetness of the cereal crust. I can see this going many different cereal directions, including chocolate and cinnamon. Thanks.
I made this a few years ago when did the video first surfaced on Facebook and I have to say it is the bomb dot com BUT may I recommend not adding the Fruity Pebbles to The Cheesecake mixture itself. I personally did not care for the cereal in the cheesecake mixture because it was just soggy. I would also recommend not garnishing it until you're ready to immediately serve it. I made the mistake of garnishing it beforehand which also made the cereal soggy....you want them babies to be crunchy not soggy lol!!! I'm going to make it again this coming Sunday for our Christmas Eve Eve get together (2018) and I will add a picture and an update as to how it turned out I'm sure it will be amazing!