Frozen Peanut Butter Bars
Kerry made this super yummy treat first. Hey, you peanut butter and chocolate lovers! It doesn’t get any better than this! If you can keep from eating them, these are great to keep around for company, after school snacking and for a treat after the kids go to bed!
- Ready In:
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 2 cups peanut butter, creamy
- 2 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 3⁄4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips or 2 cups milk chocolate
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- In a large saucepan, melt butter and peanut butter together. Mix well. Remove from heat. Add crumbs and powdered sugar, mixing well. Spread peanut butter mixture in a jelly roll pan (for thinner bars) or 9x13 pan (for thicker bars). Chill. When the peanut butter layer is firm, melt chocolate chips with milk over low heat. Spread over chilled peanut butter mixture. Chill again.
- Cut into serving size pieces. Wrap individually and freeze in large rigid containers or freezer ziptop bags. Eat straight from the freezer or thaw slightly.
- We have found that we can usually buy the graham cracker crumbs for the same price as the equivalent in graham crackers. Why do the work if you don’t have to?