Frozen Aztec Mocha
photo by Baby Kato
- Ready In:
- 2 ounces freshly brewed espresso or 2 ounces strong coffee
- 2 ounces chocolate syrup (Ghirardelli Sweet Ground Chocolate & Cocoa Sauce)
- 5 ounces fresh water (more or less to adjust consistency)
- 1 scoop vanilla ice cream
- 2 ounces orange juice
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1 dash cayenne
- 16 ounces ice
- whipped cream and cocoa powder (to garnish)
- Combine the coffee, cocoa sauce, water, and ice cream, blending until smooth.
- Add the orange juice, cinnamon, cayenne, and ice.
- Garnish with whipped cream and a dash of cocoa powder.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was a delicious way to help beat the heat on an almost 90 degree day! I made mine w/o the orange as I greatly dislike orange and chocolate together but my DH thoroughly enjoyed it . I likeed just the hint of cinnamon and the little bit of heat from the cayenne. I cut way back on the choc. syrup, 2oz is a huge amount for one drink - too sweet for me. I used maybe a litte over a TBL and it was still plenty sweet. Thanks for sharing Annacia, another great recipe! Made for ZWT8 by One of the Wild Bunch