Fried Rice Stuffing With Sweet Harbin Sausage
- Ready In:
- 2 sweet style harbin sausages (or other sweet Chinese sausage)
- 3 cups cooked long-grain rice (cooked 24 hours in advance of use)
- 1⁄2 leeks or 3 green onions
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sugar
- cooking oil
- # Cook 3 cups of rice.
- # Cut the Chinese sausages lengthwise and in halves in 1 cm. chunks.
- # Cut the leek or green onions into small bits.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl, and mix in ½ teaspoon of sugar; add a pinch of salt. Put some cooking oil into the wok and cook the scrambled eggs. When the eggs are cooked, pull them out and cut them into ¼ squared cubes.
- Put oil in the wok, turn on medium heat. Use the spatula to coat the sides of the wok with the oil as the wok heats up.
- Add the sausage chunks and briefly cook them, until the sausage is lightly browned, pull them out and add the onion bits (add more oil if necessary) on low heat. When the onion starts to become fragrant, turn up the heat and add the rice, eggs and sausages. Mix content in the wok. Add additional salt to taste.
- Stuff your turkey with this before baking or smoking it. For a more exotic flavor with the turkey, pair it with plum sauce and slivered green onions after cooking.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a former professional cook who's spent a lot of time in Asia. I make a lot of Chinese food. <br> <br>To work off the food, I'm obsessed with riding my bike.