Fried Peppers, Onions and Sausages
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I don't think the generic pork sausages found in most North American supermarkets would be suitable for this recipe. Rather, go for European-style or artisanal (Bruce Aidell?) sausage. It'll make the dish.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 6 large green bell peppers or 6 large red bell peppers, cut into thin strips
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 lbs hot sausage
- cooked polenta
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add peppers, onion, garlic and vinegar and saute 10 minutes.
- Cover and cook until tender, about 5 minutes longer.
- Season to taste.
- Meanwhile, cook sausage in another large skillet over medium-high heat until brown and cooked through, turning occasionally, until skin is browned and lightly blistered, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer to platter; surround with pepper mixture.
- Serve with polenta.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION