Fried Home-Style Potatoes
photo by diner524
- Ready In:
- 6 small yukon gold potatoes
- peanut oil, for frying
House Seasoning (use 1 teaspoon)
- 1 cup salt
- 1⁄4 cup black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup garlic powder
- In a large Dutch oven or deep-fryer, pour oil to a depth of 2-inches.
- Preheat oil over medium-high heat to 350 degrees F.
- Wash potatoes and pat dry.
- Cut each potato crosswise into 1/8-inch thick slices.
- Fry potatoes in batches for 3 to 5 minutes or until golden.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle with House Seasoning.
- Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I want to thank all of you who review the recipes I post - good or bad. It's always good to get feedback and helpful tips and I really appreciate them all! I try to send a note when someone reviews one of my recipes, but I don't always get the chance. Please know that I really enjoy reading the reviews. I also love all the photos everyone posts, too! Thanks so much. Happy Cooking!