Fried Chicken Gizzards
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken gizzards
- 3 cups milk
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup mccormick McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning (Grill Mates)
- 3 tablespoons mccormick McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning (Grill Mates)
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons garlic
- 3 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Accent seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- Wash chicken gizzards under cold water.
- MILK MIXTURE: Wisk together eggs, milk, flour and 1/4 cup steak seasoning.
- add gizzards to milk mixture and allow to marinade in the refrigerator for 30 min to 1 hour.
- FLOUR MIXTURE: Wisk together remaining flour and remaining spices in a large mixing bowl.
- After gizzards get done marinading dredge gizzards in flour mixture.
- preheat 1-1/2" of oil (i use peanut or canola) in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Once oil is ready add gizzards to oil and fry until golden brown (8 to 10 min).
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!