French Vinegar Chicken
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
From Van Gogh's restaurant in metro Atlanta, this recipe was published in the AJC.
- Ready In:
- 6 chicken breasts, boneless & skinless, pounded to uniform thickness
- salt and black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups leeks, cut into 1/2-inch squares
- 2 cups mushrooms, quartered
- 1 cup tarragon vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup diced tomato, fresh, ripe, seeded
- 1⁄4 cup basil, fresh, julienned, DIVIDED
- 1⁄4 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1 lb linguine or 1 lb fettuccine
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and lightly coat with flour.
- Put water on to boil for pasta. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium high heat, add olive oil. Add chicken and cook until golden brown. Remove chicken from skillet; tent to keep warm. Reduce heat to medium. In the same skillet, melt the butter. Add the leeks and mushrooms and saute until softened. Add vinegar and reduce by three-fourths. Add cream and tomatoes and cook until thickened. Add half the basil and all the cheese; reduce heat to keep warm.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Add pasta to the cream sauce and toss with sauce. Garnish with the remaining basil. Serve chicken breasts alongside pasta.
- Note: if you can't find tarragon vinegar, make your own by combining 1 quart champagne vinegar, 3 whole peppercorns and 1/4 cup tarragon and letting it rest for 24 hours. If using dried pasta rather than fresh, start cooking the pasta before making the sauce so it comes together at the same time.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION