French Fried Chicken
- Ready In:
- 1 (5 lb) whole chickens, cut into serving pieces
- 2 teaspoons salt
- very fine breadcrumbs (very fine) or cracker crumb (very fine)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons water
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and steam until tender; dry and keep cool until time to fry (it is better to do this the day before).
- Just before serving, preheat oil in a deep fryer or stockpot to 370°F.
- Roll chicken pieces in crumbs, dip in eggs and then in crumbs again.
- Fry until golden brown, about 10 to 12 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!