Foolproof Brown Rice
- Ready In:
- 1hr 40mins
- Adjust oven rack to midddle position; heat oven to 375.
- Spread rice in an 8-inch square glass baking dish.
- Bring water and oil to a boil, covered, in a medium sauce pan over high heat; once boiling, immediately stir in salt and pour the water over the rice.
- Cover baking dish tightly with a double layer of foil.
- Bake rice until tender, about 1 hour.
- Remove baking dish from the oven and uncover.
- Fluff rice with a dinner fork, then cover the dish with a clean kitchen towel; let rice stand 5 minutes.
- Uncover rice and let stand 5 minutes longer.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
this is the best recipe, and we accidentally discovered an even easier way to make it. First of all, we doubled it to make more for our family. Secondly, I told my son to only use hot water, not boiling, to see if it would work. As it turns out, he forgot and used cold water, and it still turned out perfectly!! Broen rice takes so much longer to cook than white, and I have never had success with any other recipe. This is the only way I make brown rice now!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg"> I am a 39 year old, single woman. I work as a full time cashier at a Wal Mart super center. I absolutely love my job most of the time. When I am not working I have a flock of 9 parrots, 7 Budgies and 2 cockatiels that keep me on my toes. I also love to read and cook.