Fontina Mashed Potatoes, Rich and Delicious
- Ready In:
- Put your fontina in the freezer, this will make it easier to grate later.
- Peel and evenly cube potatoes, place in a pot with enough water to cover by at least two inches, add salt and place on medium heat.
- Bring to a simmer and cook until potatoes are tender.
- Drain and mash the way you prefer (I like a ricer)
- Meanwhile, bring half and half to a light simmer in a small sauce pan. Crack the cloves of garlic with the flat side of your knife, you don’t have to smash it down all the way, you’ll be fishing it out later.
- Add the cracked garlic to the heated half and half, either reduce heat to low or take off heat and allow the garlic to steep about 5-7 minutes, meanwhile, take the fontina out of the freezer and grate on the large holes of a box grater.
- Remove garlic, turn heat back up to medium and slowly add the fontina, whisking after each small addition. When that is completely incorporated, add the mascarpone dollops at a time and whisk till incorporated.
- Stir the mixture into the mashed potatoes and put them over medium low heat, add butter and sour cream, adjust seasonings with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Just prior to serving, stir in chives.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!