Fluffy Cheese Puffs
- Ready In:
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced scallions
- Heat the oven to 400Â° F (204Â°C). Lightly coat 2 cookie sheets with butter.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the water, butter, oil, salt, and cayenne pepper. Bring to a boil. Remove the pan from the heat and add the flour all at once. Stir the mixture with a wooden spoon until it forms a smooth paste.
- With the wooden spoon, beat in the eggs one at a time, blending completely each time. Stir in the Cheddar cheese and minced chives or scallions.
- Using a tablespoon, drop balls of batter onto the cookie sheets. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the puffs are firm and well browned. Serve them warm or at room temperature.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!