Flourless Chocolate-Raspberry Cakes
photo by Midwest Maven
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup trans-fat free margarine
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup raspberries
- Position rack in middle of oven and preheat to 375 degrees F. Line 12-cup muffin pan with paper or foil liners.
- Heat chocolate and margarine in saucepan over low heat until melted. Stir to combine and remove from heat.
- In medium bowl, mix Splenda and cocoa. Add eggs and whisk until combined. Whisk in chocolate mixture.
- Scoop batter into muffin cups, press 3 raspberries halfway into each, and place pan on baking sheet. Bake about 15 minutes, turning front to back halfway through. Cool on rack and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this with real sugar and semi-sweet morsels so the rating is for that. I also added strawberries instead but I think it would be great with any fruit. Someone said this didn't make 12 servings... I found it easily made 10 servings. I didn't have any paper liners and I was worried that they would get stuck so I actually made them in those foil pie pans that you get from a frozen pot pie. It made 5 of them. I shared one with hubby for our intimate valentines dinner.
I had to fiddle with the recipe a tad, because all I had on hand were Sugar-Free semi-sweet morsels. Also, I only used one raspberry cut in half for each cupcake. They looked perfect and nicely risen while still in the oven, but fell when I removed them. They also had a very undercooked type of feel to the centers, but they passed the toothpick test, so I forged ahead. I ended up with an extremely fudgey (almost kind of wet) and crumbly texture. They were very good, but I think I will omit the fruit all together next time, as I believe that contributed to the near-sogginess. Kicks a chocolate craving in the face, though (in a good way!).
see 11 more reviews
I love flourless chocolate cakes, they are so delicious. I also love Vegan, so decided that is what I'd do with these. I used powdered sucanat instead of splenda, I used ground flax seed mixed with water instead of eggs and I didn't have raspberries so used a dab of lingonberry jam on the top of each cake. This did change the texture of the cake and made it quite gooey. The cakes sunk in the middle, so I filled them with Vegan Coconut Whipped Cream http://www.recipezaar.com/Coconut-Whipped-Cream-219030 and then froze the cakes still in the baking pan. I was able to peel them out of the paper cups. This would be a refreshing dessert to serve in the summer. Thanks for this, I'll make it again. I know everyone will love this.