photo by Outta Here
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 2mins
8 flat breads
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 7 g sachet dried yeast or 15 g fresh yeast
- 4 cups plain flour
- 1 tablespoon table salt
- 1⁄2 cup Greek yogurt
- vegetable oil, for brushing
- Combine sugar, yeast and 375ml warm water in a bowl and stand in a warm place for 10 minutes or until mixture begins to foam.
- Combine flour and salt in a large bowl, then add yeast mixture, yoghurt and combine well. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 5 minutes or until smooth. Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with cloth or tea towel and stand for 2 hours.
- Punch dough down, then divide it into 8 portions, place on lightly oiled trays, cover with cloth and stand for another 15 minutes.
- Heat a cast iron skillet or frying pan over medium heat and brush with oil. Place one piece of dough on a lightly floured surface and roll out into a thin 22cm round.
- When skillet is very hot, place dough round into pan and cook for 1 minute or until brown spots appear on the base (it will also bubble a little bit).
- Turn and cook for another minute, then place on a plate and cover with a cloth to keep warm.
- Lightly brush the pan with a little more oil and repeat with the remaining dough rounds.
- Store any leftover flatbreads in an airtight container or freeze.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Well, I am very passionate about cooking and love discovering new recipes. I love participating in the events since I'm always finding new recipes that I wouldn't have found on my own. My housemates and boyfriend all enjoy our food adventures and I love to leave people positive reviews and nice ish photos.