Fish alla Milanese
- Ready In:
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil, divided,plus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 lb flounder or 1 lb haddock fillet (4-8 pieces)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 5 tablespoons butter or 5 tablespoons margarine, divided
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- For marinade, whisk 1/3 cup oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in small bowl; stir in onion.
- Pour marinade into 13x9-insch glass baking dish.
- Rinse fish; pat dry w/paper towels.
- Place fish in baking dish; spoon marinade over fish to coat thoroughly.
- Marinate, covered in fridge for 1hr.
- ,turning fish over occasionally.
- Combine and mix eggs and milk in shallow bowl.
- Remove fish from the marinade one piece at a time, and first coat w/flour, then w/egg mixture, and lastly bread crumbs.
- Press crumbs firmly onto fish.
- Refrigerate coated fish for 15 mins.
- Heat 2 tbsps.
- butter and remaining 2tbsps.
- oil in skillet over med.
- heat until melted and bubbly, then add fish.
- Cook to 2-3mins.
- per side until fish flakes easily w/a fork and topping is light brown.
- Remove to heated serving plate.
- Melt remaining 1/4cup butter in pan over med.
- Add garlic, and cook 1-2mins, till garlic browns a bit; stir in parsley.
- Immediately take off heat and pour the mixture over the fish fillets.
- Garnish w/lemon slices.
- NOTE: Cooking and preparation times do not include marination time taken.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!