photo by Antifreesz
- Ready In:
- 14 lbs small green cherry tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 stalks celery
- 4 hot red peppers
- 4 heads dill
- 1 quart water
- 1⁄2 cup pickling salt
- 2 quarts white vinegar
- Pack 3 1/2 pounds of cherry tomatoes in each of the clean, hot jars.
- To each quart jar add a clove of garlic, a celery stalk, a hot red pepper, and a head of dill.
- Combine water, pickling salt and vinegar.
- Fill jars to 1/2 inch head space from top.
- Process 10 minutes in boiling water bath.
- Makes 4 quarts.
These are great! I didn't expect to enjoy them as much as I do, since the texture is quite a bit softer than most of my preferred pickles. However, when eaten as a side to fish, meat, or a cheese tray - rather than out of hand - they're wonderful. I'll be making these again next season. Thanks for the recipe!
Maggie gave me a taste of these delicious tomatoes about 30 years ago. Though I've never made them, I've often talked about how good they are! This year, I plan to make a small batch with green grape tomatoes. I'll keep you posted! Thank you so much for posting this recipe!!! Maggie is a wonderful lady!!!
see 6 more reviews