Feijoa & Lime Muffins
- Ready In:
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups feijoas, peeled and finely chopped
- 125 g butter, melted and cooled
Ingredients for glaze
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 limes, juice and zest of, grated
- Sift the flour, baking powder and sugar into a large bowl and make a well in the centre.
- In a jug blend together the eggs and milk and add the feijoa's. Blend into the dry ingredients folding in the butter as you go.
- Divide the mixture evenly between 12 well greased muffin tins .
- Bake at 220 degrees Celsius for 15-20 minutes until cooked.
- To make the glaze, simmer the sugar, orange juice and lime juice together until the sugar has dissolved.
- Stand muffins for 2 minutes before brushing with the glaze. Stand a further 5 minutes before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Very yummy. Much lighter in texture than I was expecting. The feijoa taste is quite subtle, and the lime compliments it perfectly. The only change I made was to the oven temp. I felt 220 was a bit too hot, so I reduced it to 200, and cooked for slightly longer. It made exactly 12 muffins. Definitely a keeper, I'm taking them to my Mum tomorrow, she's a big feijoa fan so I'm sure she'll love them too.