Fast 'n Fabulous Chocolate Fruitcake
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Enjoy this not-too-sweet version of fruitcake this holiday season. The secret is dried (not candied) fruit and of course Eagle Brand Milk.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (700 ml) jar mincemeat
- 1 (300 ml) can sweetened condensed milk (Eagle Brand)
- 1 cup golden raisin
- 1 cup dried apricot, chopped
- 1 cup blanched whole almond, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 (1 ounce) semi-sweet chocolate baking squares or (1 ounce) milk chocolate, chopped
- In a large bowl, stir wet ingredients together.
- In another bowl, combine dry ingredients. Stir into wet ingredients. Fold in chocolate.
- Divide batter between two greased 9x5 loat pans or one 10-inch bundt pan.
- Bake in preheated 300F oven for 70-75 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes. Removed from pans (pan) and cool completely.
- VARIATION: For double chocolate fruitcake - Reduce all-purpose flour to 2 1/4 cups. Add 1/3 cup sifted unsweetened cocoa powder to dry inredients. Proceed as per recipe.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION