Fantabulous Oatmeal Applesauce Cookies
photo by A Messy Cook
- Ready In:
- 1 medium ripe banana
- almond butter or natural-style peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2⁄3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 - 1 cup dried currants or 1/2-1 cup raisins
- Mash banana in glass measuring cup; add enough almond butter to make 1/2 cup.
- Combine banana/almond butter mixture, honey, applesauce and vanilla in small bowl.
- Combine remaining ingredients in large bowl, add banana mixture, and stir until completely blended.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls on greased baking stone (or sheet); flatten slightly.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes, or until done.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!