A moist and flavorful served by a family owned restaurant in my area that everyone loves.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 2 slices white bread (crumbled)
- 1⁄4 cup whole milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons instant minced onion
- salt and pepper
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Mix crumbled bread with milk and let sit till all moisture is absorbed.
- Beat egg and add to bread mixture.
- Mix in minced onion.
- Add ketchup and meat gradually to blend all together. Season with salt and pepper.
- Do not overmix and it will become too dense.
- Lightly mixing keeps it moist and juicey.
- Form into a meatloaf shape and place in 9x13 baking pan. Pour water around meatloaf and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes
- The water will cook away and you will have nicely browned and moist meatloaf.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I made these for Pick a Chef. September 2007. We loved this.I was a bit hesitant about sitting my meatloaf into the oven dish unsupported, but it went fine, I did have to drain off some excess fat that came out of the meat near the end of the cooking time, but the end result was still a soft and moist meatloaf. It was very easy to put together. We don't have instant minced onion here in the Netherlands and I had run out of dried onion flakes, so I just used my stick blender on a large yellow onion and threw in the pureed result. DH did comment that we would have liked to have seen some herbs in this, but also liked it well enough as it was. Please see my rating system: a lovely 4 stars for an easy and tasty meatloaf recipe. Thanks !Reply