Fabulous Cherry Pie
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Pour half of the can of cherry pie filling into the pie shell, sprinkle with almond extract, and add the rest of the pie filling.
- The almond extract really brings out the flavor of the cherries for a"just picked" taste.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- While pie is baking, beat eggs and stir in sugar, lemon juice, vanilla extract and coconut.
- Remove pie from oven and pour or spoon egg-coconut mixture over the top of the pie.
- Return pie to oven and bake an additional 25-30 minutes or until brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This pie is exceptional! The almond flavoring really does enhance the cherry flavor! The topping is attractive and tasty...a wonderful change from run-of-the-mill cherry pie. Ease of preparation....a breeze!! My topping wasn't very custard-like, though. I dutifully poured it all atop the rest of the filling. Much of it ran over during baking, which might account for my results. Nonetheless, this one is a "keeper," and the friend for whom I made it consumed it with gusto!!! Thank you!!!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I have a variety of jobs. I do graphic design, work as a desk clerk at a motel and do bookkeeping for a local newspaper. I have three cats -- a calico, an orange tabby and an ocicat. I enjoy singing in the church choir and bowling. My all-time favorite cookbook is "The Famous Brand Names Cookbook." It has all sorts of yummy recipes, but I particularly enjoy the "Margarita Pie" recipe. I've modified it somewhat, so you might see it soon on Recipezaar!