Escarole Salad That Your Taste Buds Will Love
photo by Rita1652
- Ready In:
- 1 head escarole, leaves separated and washed and spun dry
- 1 small head butter lettuce, leaves separated and washed and spun dry
- 1 small onion, peeled and slice thin
- 12 ounces marinated artichokes
- 1⁄2 firm pear, washed and sliced with a vegetable peeler super thin
- 1⁄4 cup dried cherries, rough chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 4 ounces goat cheese, sliced I used Blueberry coated cheese use what you favor
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- 1 -3 garlic clove, roasted if you have
- 2 teaspoons prepared stone ground mustard
- 2 anchovies (optional)
- black pepper
- 2 -4 drops hot sauce
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 -4 basil, leaves
- Place escarole and butter lettuce in a large salad bowl.
- Drain artichokes reserving 1 tablespoon of the marinade. Place it into blender. Add the dressing ingredients to the blender and blend till smooth.
- Season to your likings by adding more vinegar or seasonings. chill while preparing salad.
- Toss salad with artichoke hearts, onion slices and pear slices.
- Top with cherries and toasted pine nuts.
- Cool and scatter on salad.
- Placed sliced goat cheese on salad. Or crumble the cheese over salad.
- Pour over salad and enjoy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!