Escarole Salad With Champagne Vinaigrette
Haven't tried but sounds like it would make a nice side salad.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons shallots, finely minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 head escarole, clean, dried, and torn into pieces
- Preheat oven to 325ºF. Line a baking sheet with foil. Spread pecans evenly over baking sheet in a single layer. Toast until pecans become fragrant, 5-7 minute Do not let burn. Remove from baking sheet and chop nuts in 1/2. Set aside.
- In small container with lid, combine vinegar, oil, mustard, shallots, salt, and pepper. Secure and shake until emulsified and well blended.
- Add escarole to large salad bowl. Drizzle dressing to toss. Sprinkle pecans over salad.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Simple, but good salad. I loved those toasted pecans! This is great for a side salad or starter salad for a larger meal because it's basically just escarole and pecans. I think it's good, but maybe needs another one or two ingredients. Maybe either some sliced mushrooms and/or some crumbled goat cheese would liven this up. I do love escarole, so thanx for a new recipe for it!Reply