Emeril's Spiced Nuts
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups mixed nuts, such as walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts and almonds
- Mix spices and reserve.
- Heat nuts in a dry skillet and cook, stirring frequently, until begin to toast, about 4 minutes.
- Transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
- Add the butter, sugar, water and spices to the hot skillet and cook, stirring, until a glaze forms, about 1 minute.
- Return the nuts to the skillet and toss to combine with the glaze.
- Cook for about 1 to 2 minutes, or until the nuts are glazed and golden brown.
- Remove from the heat and transfer to a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil, separating with a fork.
- Let rest until cooled and the sugar has hardened, about 10 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Loved it and thought it was so good, I might just try this on popcorn too. That was DH's comments which I appreciate (that means he REALLY liked them, this is his first review) but wanted to give you more detail. We used just walnuts coz that's what we had. Couldn't find the cinnamon, so instead added ground coriander (goes well with cumin) and garlic powder (love the stuff)! End result is a very moreish sweet, salty & spicy snack. Look forward to making this many many times again. Thanks for sharing :-)