Elk Meat Chili
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 15mins
- In a Dutch oven, cook meat, onion & garlic, over med heat until meat is no longer pink. Drain
- Stir in remaining ingredients bring to boil.
- reduce to simmer, cover & two hours.
- This is what the book say.
- Instead of simmering on the stove for 2 hours put into crock pot on med heat for the day, or put into the oven on 300 with lid.
- We like more salsa,.and have also used Rotela Brand Tomatoes and Green Chili's subing for All or 1/2 the tomato's.
- and 1 teaspoon garlic powder.
- It's just one of those things we how cook do-tweeking others recipes and subing as needed.
- Be creative to your own taste.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this chili the other day and it was excellent. I did add more salsa, garlic and green chili's as the contributor suggested. This was even better the next day. I had never thought about using pork and beans in chili before. I am now out of ground elk meat, but will definitely make this chili again using ground beef and maybe some ground sausage. Thank you for the recipe!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Fun events here at Zaar I have participated in: <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/PAC08Main.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><br /><br /><br /><br />I inherited a passion for collecting cookbooks and recipes. This looks like a good fourm to do this and share what I know with others. Along with cookbooks I collect old glass fruit bowls, and depression glass, and other types of glass.<br />Raised on the coast of Washington state, and LOVE FRESH seafood ! I have lived in Montana, and New Mexico also, and now live in the Beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota. <br /> I am known for takeing a recipe and change it to my own taste, but think a lot of us do this. <br />I have worked in food settings most of my life or else an office.<br /> Currently Chef for PTI Oil States out of Houston Tx. Have worked on North Dakota, Wyoming, Utah, Montana where ever they send me is an adventure and Im glad I invested in a camera last year !<br /><br /><img src=http://www4.clustrmaps.com/stats/maps-no_clusters/www.recipezaar.com-member-628624-thumb.jpg alt=/ /></p>