Eggs Baked in Potatoes
photo by I'mPat
- Ready In:
- Bake the potatoes.
- Scoop out the pulp, after cutting a thin slice from the length of the potato.
- Mash pulp to a creamy fluff with butter, hot milk, salt and pepper.
- Fill potato shells, leaving a dent in the middle of each to hold a raw egg.
- Break 1 or 2 eggs into each potato.
- Cover with cheese.
- Bake at 400°F for 10 minutes until the egg is firm and cheese is browned.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Made this for the DM for her dinner (she had a big lunch so wasn't wanting much) i used a medium sized Carisma potato (low GI white potato) but unless I only put a very small portion of the mashed potato back in I was not going to get the whole egg in so put in the yolk and little of the white back in and covered with cheese. The rest of the egg white I put into a small buttered ramikin and sprinkled with cheese, I also put the excess mashed potato on top of the lid that I cut from the top of potato and covered with cheese and baked the whole lot in a 175C fan forced oven for 15 minutes for a yolk that was just starting to firm but on the whole was yellow molten gold, served with some toast and a slice of lean bacon and the DM thoroughly enjoyed,. Thank you Dienia B made for Went To Market.
see 1 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p style=text-align: center;>Hi! If you're looking for grandmas recipe, it might be here .</p> 8726272"