Eggplant With Meat Sauce
photo by David04
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 14 1⁄2 ounces diced tomatoes, canned
- 14 1⁄2 ounces tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup basil, fresh chopped
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, cut in slivers
- 1 eggplant, peeled and sliced
- 1 egg, whisked
- 2 tablespoons fat free sour cream
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Preheat oven 375°F.
- Cut eggplant into 1/4 inch slices.
- Pat dry eggplant with paper towels.
- Mix egg & sour cream in a bowl.
- Dip slices into egg wash, then into a bowl with bread crumbs. Place in single layer on greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Flip the slices and bake until crisp and slightly browned, about another 20 minutes.
- Brown beef in a large skillet with onion.
- Add diced tomatoes, sauce, olives and basil, then spice to taste.
- Simmer for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Serve sauce over eggplant.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!