- Ready In:
- 1 large onion, halved and cut into thin wedges
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 - 2 lbs eggplants, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 bell peppers, any color
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
- In a large, non-stick saucepan, sauté the onion in a small amount of water until it begins to brown, about 5-8 minutes. Add the garlic, paprika, and red pepper (optional), and stir for one minute. Add the salt, eggplant, peppers, vegetable broth, and tomatoes. Add liquid smoke if desired. Cover and simmer until the eggplant is tender, about 15-20 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!