Eggnog Ice Cream
- Ready In:
- 49hrs 30mins
- Lightly beat egg yolks in a 2-quart, noncorrosive, stainless steel saucepan.
- Add 1 cup of the heavy cream, the half-and-half, the sugar and the salt to the beaten yolks and mix well.
- Add the vanilla bean.
- Set the saucepan over medium heat and stir the custard frequently until it thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon (about 180 degrees).
- Immediately remove the saucepan from the heat and strain the mixture through a fine strainer into a medium bowl and set over ice.
- Add the vanilla extract and nutmeg.
- Add brandy to the saucepan and heat over moderate heat until reduced by half.
- Add the reduced brandy to the custard with the remaining heavy cream and dark rum.
- Stir together.
- Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Freeze in an icecream freezer according to the manufactures directions.
- Makes 1 quart.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My husband and I moved to Las Vegas after retirement in 2000. We lived in South Bend, IN for about 26 years. We both like to travel and we have taken up RV camping and enjoy it a lot. Most of our camping is done in Nevada Utah Arizona and So. California. During the summers our (almost) 9 year old Granddaughter will go with us sometimes. Our Daughter, Son-in-law, and Granddaughter have lived in Las Vegas since January 2001.