Eggless Pumpkin Cake Cookies
- Ready In:
- 1 cup margarine (Earth Balance Soy Free)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon Ener-G Egg Substitute (egg replacer powder)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream the margarine, sugar, and brown sugar together until well combined (this margarine will not cream to fluffy like butter, but aim for a uniform color instead).
- Add the pumpkin, egg replacer powder, and vanilla extract. Blend well (this will become slightly fluffy with a mottled color).
- Add the baking soda, baking powder, and spices. Blend well.
- Gradually add the flour, scraping down the edges of the bowl.
- Drop by 1 ounce scoops onto a baking sheet covered in parchment paper.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until tops spring back when pressed and bottoms of cookies begin to brown.
- Frost if desired after cooling.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I've always loved cooking and baking, starting as a kid making barbeque sauces, cookies, and pies. My husband is allergic to eggs, milk, and soy, which adds a whole new dimension to cooking. Forget Iron Chef's secret ingredient! I love the challenge of baking and cooking without certain staples. It means a lot of trial and error, but a lot of satisfaction when a recipe works out!