Edible Monster Mouths
photo by januarybride
- Ready In:
12 monster mouths
- 2 red apples
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter (more or less)
- 48 mini marshmallows
- 6 marshmallows, cut in half (may sub banana slices)
- 24 Cheerios toasted oat cereal (may sub raisins)
- 6 dried apricots, split in half longwise (mine just peeled apart)
- Before you begin, cut the apple into wedges and slices (I used a slice for the bottom for stability and then a wedge for the upper lip but you don't have to get that complicated).
- Stick a toothpick in the bottom of each of the large, halved marshmallows. Dip each Cheerio (or raisin) in a bit of peanut butter and place in middle of marshmallow to resemble an eyeball.
- Give your child two apple wedges that will represent the lips of the monster mouth; dry them off on a paper towel.
- Spread peanut butter on one side of each wedge.
- Place 1 piece of apricot, sticky side down on the bottom of the mouth for a tongue.
- Place a line of 4 mini-marshmallows into the peanut butter along the bottom apple wedge (you need to put extra peanut butter on the mini-marshmallow that goes rests on the apricot). These will be the monster's teeth!
- Stack the other apple wedge, peanut butter side down, on top of the marshmallows and press down slightly.
- Take two of the eyeballs on toothpicks and place in the top of the top lip.
- The monster mouth is finished! Your child should feel free to play with his food before eating up this healthy snack.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!