photo by Darkhunter
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup
- salt and pepper
- In a heavy saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until well blended. Add milk slowly and cook, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Add grated cheddar cheese, worcestershire sauce, and tomato soup.
- Mix thoroughly and heat well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately on toast triangles with a side salad for a hearty lunch.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
DELICIOUS! This is like grilled cheese sandwiches in a bowl!!! Very rich so a little goes a long way. I can see the possibilites, too, by adding onion, celery, garlic, basil, etc. Thank you for a great recipe, NR!!! I couldn't resist for the name alone-I have 2 toy poodles-plus I made this for the Think Pink Tag Game In Honor of Breast Cancer Awareness, October 2008.
Iwanted so much to really like this recipe, but it just didn't do much for me. I would have to add some garlic and onions to pick up the flavor the next time. Plus I found it to be rather grainy, but that may be my own difficulty with making a smooth, creamy white sauce rather than a fault of the recipe. I'll give it another try.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in rural central Canada. I love hockey, horses and music. My favorite cookbook is an old handwritten one of my grandmothers.