Easy Yeast Rolls
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons active dry yeast
- 2 cups warm water (110 to 115 degrees)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 5 1⁄2 - 6 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the sugar, egg, oil, salt and 4 cups of flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a firm dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, approximately 6 to 8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl and turn once to get the top of the dough greased also. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, approximately 1 hour.
- Punch the dough down; turn onto a lightly floured surface. Divide into four portions. Shape is portion into 12 balls. To form knots, roll each ball into an 8 inch rope, tie in a knot and tuck the ends under. Place on a greased baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 35 minutes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from baking sheet and cool on wire racks.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
. My family and I live in San Diego, CA.?