Easy Tomato Curry
photo by Brian Holley
- Ready In:
- 6 tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons ghee
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot chili powder
- 1 bay leaf, broken up
- 1 inch cinnamon stick, broken up
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Melt the butter in a small pot and fry the onions and garlic till just golden.
- Add the spices and water cook for 2 minutes Add the tomato paste and stir to incorporate it all together.
- Add tomatoes and cook for 5 mins, or, till tender. DO NOT OVERCOOK OR THE TOMATOES WILL BE TOO SOFT.
- Serve with a curry of choice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY