Easy Tandoori Chicken
photo by justcallmetoni
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 6 ounces nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut in strips
- Combine all ingredients in a large zip top bag. Press out as much air as possible, seal tightly and refrigerate 1 to 8 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken strips on George Foreman grill or grill pan, about 5 minutes, or until cooked through.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I love tandoori as an easy light flavorful option, so this quickly caught my eye. I made my marinade using Greek yogurt and followed the recipe as presented, with a marinade time of about 7 hours. While the chicken was moist, the flavor profile was dominated by the paprika, with none of the other flavors emerging to create some balance. So much so, I think a better result would have been achieved with about half the stated amount.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a 48 y/o gay Jewish man in the suburbs immediately north of New York City. I'm a general internist, practicing and teaching at a medical college north of NYC. I also earned a Masters in Public Health degree in 2013. After a Walt Disney World trip in Dec 2006 where I had to rent an electric scooter because I couldn't manage the walking, I decided to have gastric bypass surgery, which was done Feb 28, 2007. I lost 160 lbs (though I've gained back about 60 of that since). I can't eat as much as I used to, so I want every bite to be extra good!