Easy Oven Chicken
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is from Chatelaine. I made it last night and it is fantastic! You can also try grilling it if your oven will make your kitchen too hot on summer days! Directions are for roasting in the oven.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 12 chicken drumsticks (without thighs)
- 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes (optional)
- grated orange zest or lime zest (optional)
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375F or fire up grill.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- In a large bowl, stir barbecue sauce with hoisin and sesame oil.
- Stir in chili flakes, minced ginger and/or orange/lime zest (I added chili flakes and ginger) Add chicken drumsticks, then stir to coat.
- Spread chicken out on foil.
- Spoon sauce left in bowl over chicken.
- Roast in centre of preheated oven until richly glazed, about 40 to 45 minutes.
- Slice lime in half and squeeze juice overtop.
- Spoon gooey sauce left on baking sheet over chicken.
- Great with Lee Hong's Cucumbers (90816).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION