Easy Coconut Rice
Spicy Nigerian rice dish. Actual cooking time depends on the type of rice being used. I am a huge fan of basmati rice but other types will do. Instead of chicken stock, vegetable stock can be used. As an added element, you can add steamed vegetables 5 minutes before the rice is fully cooked.
- Ready In:
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 chili pepper, finely chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 2 cups basmati rice
- Add sunflower oil to a large pot on a medium heat.
- Add the onions and the chilli pepper and cook until the onions soften.
- Add the basmati rice to the pot and coat in the oil.
- Add the stock, coconut milk, salt, turmeric and thyme to the pot and bring to the boil.
- Once the liquid begins to boil, lower the heat, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes.