Easy and Delicious Chicken Tortilla Soup !
- Ready In:
1 Big Pot of Soup
- 16 ounces tomatoes
- 1 diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 tablespoons cilantro
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts, cut up small
- 16 ounces red and green peppers
- shredded monterey jack cheese
- tortilla chips
- sour cream
- In blender combine undrained tomatoes, onion, garlic, cilantro, and sugar. Cover and blend till nearly smooth.
- Put mixture into a large pot with chicken broth, chicken and drained peppers.
- Bring to boiling; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot with crunched tortilla chips in a bowl with cheese and sour cream .
Join The Conversation
This recipe originally came from Pastor Tom Brown, but i edited some ingredients for the sake of simplicity. I made this soup for a dinner party and everyone loved it! In my opinion it rivals in quality to my favorite tortilla soup which is made at Casa Guiardos. This recipie makes a lot, but it stays good if stored properly. Dont worry, this recipe is more simple to make than it looks like at a glance. Enjoy
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
i was born with anosmia which means that i do not have the ability to smell. This affects my sence of taste however it does not affect my ability to appreciate quality foods! I love to cook! I am 19, and a mechanical engineering/mathematical student at SIUE. Cooking is just a hobby. (to the men out there... women LOVE IT!)