Easy, 2 Meals in One Meatloaf
photo by Nat Da Brat
- Ready In:
- 1hr 35mins
- 2 lbs hamburger
- 6 saltine crackers
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon sweet relish
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 2 (10 ounce) cans condensed tomato soup
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato juice
On the side
- 5 potatoes, cut into quarters
- 6 carrots, cut into 1 inch thick pieces
- preheat oven to 350.
- crush crackers.
- beat egg.
- combine all meat loaf ingredients.
- mould into a log shape.
- place into a deep oblong roasting pan (with lid).
- Surround meat loaf with patatoes and carrots.
- cover with 1 can of tomato soup and all of tomato juice.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove lid.
- add second can of tomato soup, directly on top of meat loaf.
- Return to oven, without lid, and bake another 1/2 hour.
- The next day, I make a second meal of the leftovers, by cutting up meat in chunks (leave meat,patatoes and carrots in the sauce) and serve over rice or pasta.
- OPTION: I sometimes add a handful (1/4 cup) of basmati rice to the mixture before cooking.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>My husband and I are mostly retired but we love renovations so we tend to buy, fix and sell a lot :) We love to travel and our favorite and yearly destinations are Negril, Jamaica and Isla Mujeres Mexico.</p>