photo by Sommer Clary
- Ready In:
- 1 lb lobster meat (approximately 3-4 tails)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, minced (about 1 or 2 TBS)
- 1⁄4 cup good Irish whiskey
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon
- 1 scallion, sliced (green parts only)
- Remove the lobster from the shell and cut meat into 1 inch chunks.
- Melt the butter in a sauté pan (not a non-stick pan) over medium heat. When the butter has melted, add the minced shallot and sauté for about a minute. Add the lobster meat and cook until it is barely cooked through.
- Turn the heat off and add the Irish Whiskey, then carefully set fire to it with a long match or grill lighter. When the flames subside, turn the heat back on to high and add the heavy whipping cream. Bring to a boil, immediately turn the heat to low, and add the salt and pepper to taste, as well as a squeeze of lemon juice (to taste as well).
- Garnish with scallions and a dash of paprika. Serve hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!