Doughnut Bread Pudding
- Ready In:
- 4 stale raised glazed doughnuts
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
- 2 eggs (room temperature is best)
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a small glass baking dish.
- Tear or cut the donuts into bite-size pieces.
- Combine donut pieces and raisins in the prepared baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, blend together the eggs, evaporated milk, sugar, vanilla extract and almond extract. Mix in the cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Pour the milk mixture over the donuts in the dish, and press down lightly to help absorption. Let stand for 15 minutes, or cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Place the baking dish inside a larger baking dish, and fill the outer dish with enough water to go about halfway up the sides.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to cook, bake, camp and watch football