Double Coconut Pancakes
From Cooking Light December 2006
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Combine flour and next 4 ingredients (through salt) in a large bowl.
- Combine coconut milk, butter, and egg; stir well.
- Add coconut milk mixture to flour mixture, stirring until smooth.
- Pour about 1/4 cup batter per pancake onto a hot nonstick griddle or nonstick skillet.
- Cook 3 minutes or until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked.
- Carefully turn pancakes over; cook 2 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Yum! We really enjoyed these pancakes. I made as written and then followed the other reviewer's suggestions by topping each pancake with some additional coconut. They are like coconut macaroon pancakes :-) We enjoyed the pancakes topped with sliced fresh strawberries and powdered sugar. Thanks for posting the recipe!
I had the most amazing coconut pancakes when I was in Hawaii and was searching for a recipe that came close, and this is it! I do confess to putting 1/4 cup of coconut into the batter and then sprinkling a bit more onto the top of each cooking pancake (adding a yummy toasted flavor). So my version is probably not as "light" as this one, but it sure was delicious. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe!