Dill Sauce for Fish
This sauce is fantastic on grilled salmon, or any fish for that matter. My friend even likes it on chicken! The ingredients sound a little unconventional -- but BOY does it all work together. Husband found recipe in a hunting magazine. Keeps a long time in fridge.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard (French's or equivalent)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon A.1. Original Sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed (if fresh use more)
- 1 dash salt (can be omitted)
- 1 dash pepper (can be omitted)
- Whisk all ingredients together.
- Chill for at LEAST 4 hours to combine flavors.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
Aileen, I could kiss you! This is spot-on to the sauce my Great Granny (1908-1993) made. When I was growing up we had a lake house and she always served this sauce with fish we caught. I never got her recipe and have asked my grandmother for it but she didn't have it. I have looked and looked and tried this and am so happy to have finally found it. DH and DS (age 4) loved it, too. Thank you, thank you, thank you.