photo by gailanng
- Ready In:
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- In a bowl, combine the cheese, mushrooms, mayo, and bacon.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- In another bowl, combine onion, salt, peppers garlic powder and pepper sauce.
- Add ground beef and mix well.
- Shape into 6 (1/2in) thick patties.
- Grill, covered over medium-hot heat for 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Spoon cheese mixture on top of each burger.
- Grill until cheese begins to melt.
- Serve on warm hamburger buns with lettuce and tomato if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I used temph bacon instead of the real bacon. The vegetaians in our family had grilled veggie burgers with the topping while the meat eaters had the burgers from your recipe. We all enjoyed them and will probably make again when it warms up and we are looking for meals to grill. Thanks for a great recipe.
see 65 more reviews
My husband made this recipe and I loved it. He used scallions in the cheese instead of regular onions and omitted the onions and it was still fantastic. In addition he added diced peppers and onions to the burgers to give them a little oomph. We both agreed these are some of the best burgers we've ever made!
Just Cher, these are just wonderful!! Reminds me of a recipe I have (Chipotle-Honey BBQ Bacon Burger with Gorgonzola Cheese recipe #60828) but not as much work. The only thing I did differently, was substitute fresh minced garlic for the garlic powder. This is going into my permanent recipe file. I'll be making this over and over again. Thanks for posting!