Daal Pakoda (Fried Lentil Balls)
photo by bonitabanana
- Ready In:
- 1 cup black lentils or 1 cup yellow lentils
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon chat masala (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup chickpea flour
- oil (for frying)
- Soak lentils for 2 hours in enough water and then grind to a paste.
- Mix in lentils,chopped cilantro ,onions,salt,green chillies,and chaat masala.
- Chaat Masala is a salty and sour mixed spices. This is optional.
- Dissolve chick pea flour in about 1/2 water making a thick paste.
- Mix the chick pea flour in the bowl along with the other ingredients.
- This batter should not be too think but thick enough to roll out small balls.
- If its too thin you can add more chick pea flour.
- Heat cooking oil in a pan and shallow fry or deep fry them until golden brown.
- Serve hot with any ketchup or Indian chutny.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!