Curried Thunder Thighs #A1
photo by Ginger Vaccaro
- Ready In:
- 8 boneless chicken thighs
- 1⁄3 cup A.1. Original Sauce
- 1⁄8 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ginger
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1⁄8 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons oil (for cooking)
- 4 green onions (tops and bottoms)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped red bell peppers
- 1 hot pepper, of choice (i used a Thai peppers)
- 1 cup pineapple chunk
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup tiny peas
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock, concentrate
- Cut thighs into 1 inch chunks.
- Mix with A1 sauce tossing to coat.
- In a separate bowl, mix all dry ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to chicken tossing to combine.
- Let marinate for 30 minutes. (can omit this step if needed).
- Brown chicken in 2 batches- Do not over crowd the pan.
- Remove chicken.
- Sautee garlic until fragrant in same pan.
- Add in red pepper and green onions cooking until slightly softened.
- Add in 1, 8 oz package Goya yellow rice. Stir to combine.
- Stir in raisins, pineapple, tomatoes and cilantro stirring to combine.
- Stir in 2 cups of water and ½ tub of knorr Home-style Chicken stock concentrate. Stir in chicken with any accumulated juices. Bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 25-30 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Add in peas and stir to combine.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!