Curried Potato and Pea Soup
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup potato, 1/2-inch dice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup frozen baby peas
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro (Chinese parsley)
- Saute potatoes, onion, and garlic in butter in a large saucepan over medium heat until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in flour and spices; saute for about 30 seconds.
- Add the broth, milk, and sugar. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Stir in the peas and cook uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Season with lime juice and salt.
- Garnish with a dollop of yogurt and cilantro.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!