- Ready In:
1 medium saucepan
- 1 lb conch, peeled and cleaned
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- seasoning salt
- 5 tablespoons maggi seasoning sauce (may be found in Asian section of market by soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red peppers or 1/2 cup green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 fish bouillon cube
- 2 teaspoons ketjap manis (Indonesian soy sauce Ketjap Manis Ketjap Manis)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 3 -4 potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup water
- Pound conch and cut into small pieces.
- Mix with two garlic cloves, seasoned salt, 1 TBSP Maggi seasoning, and curry powder.
- Let stand.
- In medium saucepan, saute onions, celery, pepper, and remaining garlic in butter.
- Add bouillon cube, the remaining Maggi seasoning, Ketjap manis and tomato paste.
- Add water.
- Bring to a boil and add peeled and diced potatoes.
- Lower heat and simmer gently while preparing dumplings: Blend all dumpling ingredients together and drop by teaspoonful into hot mixture.
- Cook about 15 minutes or until dumplings are done.
- (make sure potatoes are tender too!) Add conch and cook about 5 more minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
(As many of you know Silent Cricket passed away on Feb. 29. Since she loved Recipezaar so much and so many on Recipezaar have shown their love for her, and have enjoyed her recipes, her personal information will remain here indefinitely just as she wrote it. Her lines at the end of this section sound somewhat prophetic as the last chapter of her earthly existence has been written.) Well, the time has come for me to change my users' name. After being, "OzCoMartha" because of having lived for three years in Australia and then moving to Colorado, I have decided to "turn over a new leaf." I chose this name because many moons ago I used to be able to "chirp" like a cricket and the "silent" refers to the present time when I'm taking a break...But, perhaps after a season, however long I decide that needs to be, I may be back and then I will fill in more details about myself...