Curried Apple and Parsnip Soup
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is wonderful for a light supper. Serve with mixed bitter greens salad with balsamic vinegar dressing and home-made garlic croutons. Goat cheese and Carr's crackers replace bread. Yummy!
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb parsnip, chopped into small pieces
- 2 granny smith apples, cored and quartered
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2⁄3 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Heat oil and butter together in a large frying pan. Saute onions and garlic until translucent.
- Add apples and parsnips, cover, and cook until very soft.
- Add broth and bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer and cook until vegetables can be easily pureed.
- Using a blender stick, puree mixture.
- Take 1/2 Cup of the hot soup and add the curry/flour mixture in a small bowl. Blend well.
- Stir mixture back into soup. Blend well. Add Half & Half, blend well. Return to simmer but DO NOT BOIL.
- Serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION